Research and Publications
Since its establishment, the Centre for European Studies aims to contribute to the field through various research activities and publications. For this aim, CES has coordinated or acted as a partner in many national and European level research and implementation projects, mostly funded by the European Commission, since its establishment. A non-exclusive list of those projects is presented below. For more recent projects, please visit Completed Projects and Ongoing Projects.
- Europe as an Item on the Identity Card: Conceptualization of European Identity by the European Academy and Public, European Commission Jean Monnet Programme. Duration: 2004 - 2005.
- The EU Enlargement Process and Europeanization: Comparative Perspectives from the Views of Young Researchers, European Commission, Lifelong Learning Programme, Duration: 2006-2007.
- Training the Young Turkish Leaders of Tomorrow: Social and Regional Policy in the Turkish Accession Process, European Commission Civil Society Dialogue: Europa-Bridges of Knowledge Programme, Duration: 2006-2007.
- Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (CES-METU JMCE), Lifelong Learning Programme, Duration: 2007-2010.
- Mobilizing Local Networks for a Better Informed Dialogue on Turkeys Accession to the EU (ACCESS-TR), IPA Information and Communication Programme: Support for actions promoting a better informed public debate about EU Enlargement. Duration: 2008-2009.
- Strengthening and Integrating Academic Networks (SInAN), Promotion of the Civil Society Dialogue between European Union and Turkey: Universities Grant Scheme, Duration: 2008-2009.
- The EU and sub-regional multilateralism in Europe's sea basins: Neighbourhood, Enlargement and Multilateral Cooperation (EU-4-SEAS), European Commission FP 7 SSH Collaborative Research Project: Duration: 2009-2011.
- European Polity Post-Lisbon (EUPOLIS), Lifelong Learning Programme, Jean Monnet Multilateral Research Group, Duration: 2009-2011.
- Wider Europe, deeper integration? EU Constitutionalisation and Enlargement Network (EU-CONSENT), European Commission FP6: Duration: 2005-2008.
- Enhancing the Comparative Research Capacity of the CES (CES-CER), European Commission SSA, Duration: 2005-2008.
- Linking Interdisciplinary Integration Studies by Broadening the European Network (LISBOAN), Lifelong Learning Programme, Erasmus Academic Networks, Duration: October 2010- September 2013.